Tuesday, April 12, 2016

How to Rock Your Baby Bump


 Your body changes so much during pregnancy, you must make some clothing adjustments in order to accommodate your growing body to not only be cute, but also comfortable.

 I have gotten many compliments (mainly in person) on how great I look for my stage of pregnancy, in every stage so far. I decorated my belly cutely, professionally, and comfortably without breaking my bank. Here is how:

1. Cardigans and Sweaters and Blazers, Oh My!


During months 1-6, I could literally hide my pregnancy with a knit cascading cardigan that I had in my closet (like this one) or an oversized sweater my dad bought me at Walmart on sale for I believe $13
I would wear a tank top, pants/leggings/jeans and you couldn't tell I was carrying a baby. Now that you can definitely tell I am pregnant, I still wear my cardigan and sweater as they compliment my bump perfectly.
Recently, I have gone back to wearing blazers because they are super cute with baby bumps.
Pictured above is one of my favorite fit moms.... check her out!
I saw how great celebs looked with a blazer and had a few handy so I wore them even if they did not button because no one, I repeat, NO ONE, can tell you nothing hehehe. Plus, a blazer can make your whole outfit look a lot more work-worthy without even trying.

2. Maternity Pants

Let me just say I FREAKING LOVE MATERNITY PANTS AND DO NOT KNOW WHAT I WOULD BE WITHOUT THEM.... In the very beginning I had no problem fitting into my clothes because my little man was the whopping size of a poppyseed. After a couple of months, I wore my jeans and work I already had by simply using some rubber bands to hold them together while making them a little bigger just like this....
It worked for awhile, just in time for my maternity pants to be delivered. I didn't necessary need to start wearing maternity pants so early, but I did because, again, I FREAKING LOVE THEM AND DO NOT KNOW WHAT I WOULD BE WITHOUT THEM!!!
I got used maternity pants for cheap on SWAP.COM. They were in great condition and fit perfectly.
I would suggest getting maternity pants because when your bottoms fit great, the rest of your outfit is easier.
I tried to buy oversized pants with one pair of pants that were on sale for $10 at Rue21 and it was a disaster. I got size 11 and they don't fit my waist or my legs (too big) comfy but not cute at all. The last thing I should worry about is my pants slipping off my waist, right? So get some maternity pants and you can rock any top with them - form fitting, loose fitting.

3. Dresses
Dresses have been my favorite outfit. I have worn dresses with leggings, panty hose, or my bare legs. They are so comfy.
You can wear a loose fitting, vibrant dress with cute shoes like this....
or a form fitting dress like this (got on sale at target for $7)
or a simple jersey dress (I have tons)...

Dresses are always cute and comfy!!! plus, they fit even with a baby bump!

These are my 3 tips to compliment that beautiful baby bump with very little effort and money spent.

I feel best when I look best, especially at work. Don't get me wrong, I don't rock my bump cutely all day, everyday. Catch me after work or on Sunday's in my yoga pants, t-shirts, and Nikes.

What are your pregnancy-go-to outfits?

No comments:

Post a Comment