Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Shawty, What Your Name Is?

Picking a baby name... or 10 for my baby boy is so hard. 

It has to be perfect!



I am 11 weeks from my due date and I still don’t have a name picked out for my baby boy. I mean, some parents name their baby days after meeting him/her so I shouldn’t be freaking out right? But I am. Because a name is a big deal! I want to name my baby something that is cute not just when he’s a baby but also when he is a grown man. I want to name my baby something that is unique but is also traditional. I want to name my baby a name that will fit him perfectly but I have yet to meet him and see his preciousness. I want to come across a name naturally but I am searching the internet and books for the perfect name.
*sigh*
I’m afraid that my baby hears my name suggestions and is like…(Yes, he can hear me and all my craziness.)
 


  Or I find a great name like Noah only to discover it is the #1 name in the US...
 
Then I start getting a little too unique with names like Adeyemi only because it means "the crown fits me" but soon realize that no one will be able to pronounce the name because I can’t even pronounce it. 
 
And then I find cute names like Elijah, Jeremiah, Miguel, Wyatt, and Xavier that my dad rolls his eyes at and his dad doesn’t like. Am I considering their opinions? Nah. But I still want everyone to love his name.
One name everyone has agreed on is David, especially my dad. Naming him after my dad is very special to me because he has been mine and my baby’s favorite pregnancy partner (even when he is on my last nerve) and because I want my son to be just like his grandpa, name and all.
So bottom line is he will be named First name: *whatever I decide* Middle name: David Last name: Aguino. I know it’ll surpass the test of time and look great with the Dr. title in front. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment