Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Must Do Baby Shower Activity

My baby shower was literally a baby shower with the rain that came before and during my party. It was still great to see everyone I hold dear to me.

Miguel, btw I decided on a name- Miguel David Aguino, got so many cute clothes, shoes, mittens, blankets, bags, and so much diapers, soaps, and useful items.He is going to have so much to wear and has already received so much love- I couldn't be more thankful!!

During my baby shower, we only got to play a few games before the rain scared my guests away lol. I had one activity I found on Pinterest and I am so glad most of my guests got to put their two index cards in ;)

I handed everyone two index cards, one to write their wishes to the baby, and one to write their advice for mom. After, they placed the index cards in two photo albums (one for Miguel and one for me). Later that night, I got to read all of the wishes and advice and it made me feel so unbelievably great.

My family and friends had great advice from telling me to have patience and give him all the attention I can, to offering to baby sit when I need time alone, to telling me to never leave my baby to party, to telling me to put his diaper on fast so he doesn't poop on me, and so much more. The poop one made me laugh because it was from my 6 year old cousin Rhiannon. The day after the party, she asked if I laughed at her card and when I said yes, she said "I knew you would."

They also had such awesome wishes for my Miguel like him getting mama's smile and personality and his grandparents' artistic abilities, to wishing him good health, a love for education and good work ethic, to telling him to always respect his mom and everyone he comes across, to telling him how lucky he is to have me as his mom. A particular one, from my best friend made me cry. She told him how lucky he was to have me as his mom and so much more special words.

This is a great activity to have at your baby shower as it not only makes you feel the love of family and friends, it allows you to see it written down- its concrete. I will definitely use the advice given to me and I cannot wait until Miguel is older and can read all the love he had even before we met him.

No comments:

Post a Comment